The competition between Meater and Yummly is a very present one, but it will come down to your personal preference in the end. Before you invest in one product or another, you might want to try and learn as much about each one as possible.
Differences Between Meater and Yummly
We made individual comparisons according to the features. So you will be able to see which feature is better with which.
Meater allows you to cook your meat perfectly. It offers you a new technology that is simple, wireless, and very efficient.
Yummly turns all your dishes into a masterpiece. Yummly, on the other hand, is a smart thermometer with modern technology that will let you know the exact temperature of your dish.
Regardless of what product you choose to purchase, Meater is versatile and vital to use it according to the instruction that it comes with. You don’t want to expose yourself to any risks while you are cooking, and you want to get the best results.
The fact that Yummly comes with no wires makes it easy to use and versatile. It will match any cooking conditions you might have and still give you perfect dishes to enjoy. You will have to use a compatible app to be aware of the cooking stage of your dish.
Meature measures both internal temperature and the temperature in the room. And you can set up the internal temperature with a precision of 0.5 degrees Celsius.
By using Yummly you can feel free to set alerts and temperature limits to end up with a delicious dish at the end. You can use Yummly for both meat dishes and vegetarian or vegan dishes, and it will not disappoint you.
The Meater is also water-resistant so you can clean it with no problem. You will not have to guess what temperature your meat is at because you can use this device.
Yummly is precise and very easy to use in all conditions. It is water resistant also. By the end of the day, you will impress all your family members and friends with your cooking skills.
Meater is portable and highly efficient. This device works with the assistance of an app to be aware at all times of the stage of your baking or roasting dish.
Yummly is also portable. All you have to do is insert the probe in the meat and expect perfect cooking results. With a meater device, you will never overcook your meat, and you will not have to keep checking on it either.
Meater Pros & Cons
- Simple setup and excellent app design
- Simple to use
- Provides accurate temperature
- Affordable in price
- Bluetooth range can be limited
- Arrives in a small wooden box
Yummly Pros & Cons
- It is outstanding
- Water resistant
- Easy to use
- Portable and efficient
- A few users are dissatisfied using it.
- Not good for extensive cooking time
Both Meater and Yummly are great devices to have in your kitchen. You can use them as you are traveling or enjoying a good barbecue with your friends too. They are very portable, and they inform you regarding the cooking stage of your food by using a specific app.
Since these products are so similar, your final decision will be based on what you expect and prefer. Check the prices and the apps of both devices before choosing the right one for you. In the end, you will not be disappointed by either one, so it is a matter of personal choice. Checking the reviews of these devices will help you get a better idea as well.
Introducing the MEATER Plus Meat Thermometer
The truly wireless smart meat thermometer perfect for outdoor cooking.
- Long-range model: up to 50 meters and 100% wire-free
- Connectivity set-up: monitor your cooking from a phone, tablet, Alexa, computer, via Bluetooth, WiFi, or the MEATER Cloud
- Two temperature sensors and one probe: monitor the internal meat temperature up to 100°C and the ambient/external temperature up to 275°C
- Guided cooking system: step-by-step instructions to ensure perfect and consistent results every time
- Customizable alerts and notifications: based on temperature and/or time
Experience a whole new level of cooking convenience with the MEATER Plus Meat Thermometer. Get yours today and start cooking like a pro!
Introducing the Yummly Smart Meat Thermometer with Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity
The Yummly Smart Thermometer is completely wireless, monitoring temperature throughout cooking with no strings (or wires) attached.
- Bluetooth connected: Control your cooking from up to 150 feet away with the free Yummly app on your smartphone or tablet
- Built-in timers and alerts: We’ll tell you when to flip your food, adjust the heat, and how long to let it rest
- Assisted cooking programs: Preset programs for meat, fish, and poultry eliminate guesswork for food done right
- Leave-in thermometer: Stainless steel probe continually monitors your food to help you grill, roast, and pan-fry with ease
- Magnetic charging dock: Sleek charging dock keeps your thermometer protected and charged for cook times up to 25 hours. The magnetic dock affixes to metal surfaces for easy storage on your oven or refrigerator
- Thermometer extractor: Protect your hands when you remove the hot thermometer from your food
- Works with Yummly: Seamless integration with the free, award-winning Yummly app, available for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Included components: Thermometer, Dock, Lid, Extractor, 2 AAA Batteries
The Yummly Smart Thermometer offers a variety of features to make cooking easier and more convenient. With assisted cooking programs and a leave-in thermometer, you can eliminate guesswork and monitor your food’s temperature with ease. The sleek magnetic charging dock keeps your thermometer protected and charged for up to 25 hours, while the thermometer extractor protects your hands when removing the hot thermometer from your food. The Yummly Smart Thermometer works seamlessly with the free Yummly app, making it easier than ever to monitor your cooking progress from your smartphone or tablet. Get yours today and start cooking with confidence!